Whitewater Wednesday June 13, 2018
Wet your Pants on the Kern!
Whitewater Wednesday comes to Kernville, on the Wild & Scenic Kern River; Whitewater, USA! It will be a fun-filled day of sunshine, water fights, soggy sneakers, and action packed rapids.
On this day only, the Kernville Chamber of Commerce, along with 5 commercial rafting companies operating on the Kern River, will sponsor different trip options:
- The one-hour Lickety Split trip is an inexpensive introduction to whitewater rafting. The run is full of enough lively excitement to challenge just about everyone from tykes to grandmas. One-hour Lickety Split Class I-III, $30/person
- Two- Sequoia Splash Run ~ BIG WATER AHEAD! Here’s our two-hour “SEQUOIA SPLASH” raft trip (Class II-IV) on the “Wild & Scenic” Kern, California’s premium Whitewater River! $55/person
Lunch is included with all trips. Extra lunches are available for purchase. All proceeds go to the Kernville Chamber of Commerce to help fund community projects such as Whiskey Flat Days, Kernville Fall Festival and Christmas in Kernville as well as maintenance of community venues like the baseball field, and rodeo grounds.
All trips will be led by professional guides and equipment will be provided from the contributing outfitters.
Give this drenching treat to your employees, customers, family and friends, or another, unfortunately dry, loved one. This is a mid week bonus!! The water is back this year (thank you El Nino), making for some exciting trips. Minimum age is 7 years for the Lickety Split. One does not need to know how to swim. Everyone is required to wear Coast Guard approved life jackets which the outfitters provide. Swimsuits, shorts and a pair of old sneakers are the clothes for the day. We guarantee you’ll wet your pants on the Kern!
- Class I — Very Easy — Flat water with some small waves and ripples
- Class II — Moderate — Larger waves but no obstacles. Some splashing.
- Class III — Difficult — Longer and rougher rapids. Some maneuvering is necessary in heavy waves and around obstacles. Paddling easily learned under guide’s expertise
- Class IV — Very difficult — Faster pace with longer drops, powerful waves, precise maneuvering required around looming obstacles.
- Class V — Virtually Unrunnable
Sponsored By: KERN RIVER OUTFITTERS, KERN RIVER TOURS, MOUNTAIN & RIVER ADVENTURES, SIERRA SOUTH, WHITEWATER VOYAGES
No Refunds unless our event is cancelled.