For 30 years from 1988 to 2018, the Keyesville Classic has drawn casual riders, pro mountain bike racers and their friends and families to participate in a fun-filled weekend of bike-related events and activities. From the entertaining Vintage class and trials events to the highly challenging All-Mountain Stage Race where riders tackle the Cross-Country, Short Track and Super D courses all on the same bike, the Keyesville Classic has something for everyone, riders and spectators alike. This year we will be adding the ever growing drop bar class and the controversial Class 1 e-bike class.
Friday, March 13, 2020
Recreation area and all trails are open to public use
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm: SD and XC Courses available for practice
- 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Race Packet pickup on site.
Saturday, March 14, 2020
- 7:00 am- 4:00 pm: Registration is open
- 8:00 am: Super D courses open for practice (no shuttle provided for SD). Signs will show the way to the start. Riders wanting to practice the Super D Saturday AM are reminded to do so with extreme caution and with buddies. While SUPER fun we all know it can be SUPER dangerous. Wear your helmets and gear and ride within your limits! The course will be marked by 9am Saturday.
- 8:00 am: Short Track: Beginner Men Open-Cat 3, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+ ; SS Beginner Men Open-Cat 3; Junior Boys 15-18; Open Vintage 1986 and older, 87-96; Open, Drop Bar Open
- 8:40 am: Short Track Race, Beginner Women Open-Cat 3, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+; SS Women Open; Junior Boys 9-14 Open; Junior girls 9-14 Open; Junior girls 15-18 Open
- 9:20 am: Short Track Race, Elite Women Open-Cat 1/PRO; Sport Women Open-Cat 2 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 10:00 am: Short Track Race, Sport Men Open-Cat 2 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+; SS Sport men Open-Cat 2
- 10:40 am: eBike Open
- 11:20 am: Short Track Race, Elite Men Cat 1/Open Men/Pro
- 12:00 pm: SD course closed for practice runs
- 12:00 pm: Super D Race staging.
- 12:15 pm: AMSR Riders will start 30 second intervals for their one run. After all AMSR riders, (approx. 1:30 pm) the Super D only riders will start their 2 runs in the same category order as the short track starts. Be on time at the start!
The Super D will start at approximately 1:30pm. Riders will leave in 30 second intervals
3 Awards, Podiums
Please listen up and make the podium. Short Track and Super D podiums will take place at The Main Venue ASAP after the last Super D rider ﬁnishes; approximately 4pm. Results are ﬁnal after 15 minutes. Results will be posted on the podium trailer. Top 3 in each category for podiums. It will be fast! Be there if you place.
Sunday, March 15, 2020
- 8:00 am: ebike Open
- 8:01 am:Beginner Men Open-Cat 3 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 8:02 am: Junior Boys 15-18 Open
- 8:03 am: Vintage 1986 and older, 87-96 Open
- 8:04 am: Beginner Women Open-Cat 3 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 8:05 am: Junior girls 15-18 Open
- 8:05 am: Junior boys 9-14 Open
- 8:05 am: Junior girls 9-14 Open
- 10:00 am: Sport Men Open-Cat 2 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 10:01 am: SS Open
- 10:02 am: Drop Bar
- 10:03 am: Sport Women Open-Cat 2 19-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- 12:30 pm: Elite Men Open-Cat 1/PRO
- 12:31 pm: SS Elite Men Open-Cat 1/PRO
- 12:33 pm: Elite Women Open-Cat 1/PRO
- 12:45 pm: Kids Race
Created by the founding members of the Southern Sierra Fat Tire Association, The Keyesville Classic is one of the longest running and BEST mountain bike races in the nation.
We’re proud to announce that Team Action Dad will be producing the Keyesville Classic in 2020 and beyond. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for updates and contest.
See the Keyesville Classic website for registration and more info.